We’re BACK!!!! Join us September 23rd – 26th, 2021 at the beautiful Crowne Plaza Albuquerque for the 31st annual New Mexico Dance Fiesta!!
- COVID-19 PROTOCOLS:
- Effective August 20th, 2021, the Governor of New Mexico issued a statewide mask mandate for all public indoor spaces, requiring all persons age 2 and over (unless they have a documented physician’s guidance stating they can not wear a mask for medical reasons), regardless of vaccination status, to wear a mask while indoors. This mandate has been extended through October 15th, 2021.
- The ONLY exception is for eating and drinking – indoor sports ARE included. MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED ON THE DANCE FLOOR DURING COMPETITION AND SOCIAL DANCING.
- This was not the outcome we had hoped for; however, we must comply. If you have a letter from your physician that meets the medical exemption, please contact any of the Directors of New Mexico Dance Fiesta. We will need to have a copy on file in the event that someone turns us in through the public reporting system.
- We WILL provide masks FREE OF CHARGE. Since the Governor has extended the mandate, we have no choice but to comply or face fines up to $5,000 per offense.
- We WILL NOT cancel the event; therefore, refunds will not be issued to those whose only reason for not attending after they have already registered is due to the mask mandate. We have been transparent since July and have done everything within our power to prepare our dance family for this possibility that has now become reality. We hope that everyone will still be ready to join us as we are going to have a GREAT time!
- If you need to cancel for any other reason, please contact us at dancefiestaABQ@gmail.com. Refunds for other reasons may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- As of July 27th, 2021, the CDC has issued guidelines recommending that ALL persons, regardless of vaccination status, wear a mask when indoors. It is our highest priority to protect the health and welfare of our dance family; therefore, we ask you to plan to wear a mask when indoors at our event regardless of whether or not you have received the vaccine. We will have attendees from all across the United States joining us, so we can not say whether or not those guests will be traveling from a high-transmission area. Please be considerate of those in attendance and plan to wear a mask. We will be providing masks at registration, and our staff will be wearing masks as well.
- We will update this information as things change in our environment. In the meantime, our thoughts and prayers go out to all of our dancers and friends that they remain vigilant in the fight against COVID-19 and maintain good health by practicing safe hygiene practices, social distancing, and wearing a mask when recommended.
We will be hosting our traditional Thursday evening workshop and Welcome Dance beginning around 6:00pm in the main ballroom. Our theme for this year is “HOT! HOT! HOT!” We love the themed outfits you all brought to the floor on Thursday night for our “Party Like It’s 1989” dance – let’s see what you’ve got for 2021! Our special guest instructor this year is David Appel – he holds more titles in more genres than we can begin to list – and it’s going to be incredible!
We WILL have our dinner show with Masters/Superstars competition. As in prior years, this will be the only way to see the Masters/Superstars competition. Tickets are available by purchasing a “Hot” pass. If we have additional tickets available, they will be sold at registration during the event. Please note that seating is assigned and on a first-come-first-served basis, and we usually sell out on Friday evening (if not earlier).
This year we are excited to offer a new addition to our event! A non-sanctioned, non-qualifying division(s) for non-gendered couples and Pro-Am/Pro-Pro students! We are planning to inter-leave these competitors within their respective divisions; however, if there are a lot of entries we will have them dance their own session – we will know more and communicate about this frequently as we get closer to the event! We will publish our own rules for the non-gendered participants. These rules will look very familiar; be on the lookout for non-gendered changes such as “Leader/Follower”. A few things we have already been asked, here are the answers:
Yes, if you are registered as “Leader” you must dance the lead throughout the dances.
Yes, you may “drop” down one division from your “normal” division if you so choose.
Additional questions may be answered by emailing us at DanceFiestaABQ@gmail.com!
We are lining up a staff of awesome instructors for our 40+ workshops!
Albuquerque Dance Club will once again host the Sunday night “Farewell” dance – always a great time!! Add some extra days to your weekend and play with us on Sunday evening. Maybe take a day trip to Santa Fe! There are many beautiful sights to see in the area!
31st Annual New Mexico Dance Fiesta
September 23rd – 26th, 2021
A Fully Sanctioned UCWDC World’s Qualifying Event
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!